Job Reference: 59248
- Wandsworth, Greater London
- £25.51 - £35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Business Lecturer to work as a temporary member of staff within Wandsworth as a part of South Thames College Group.
1. Act as a Course Leader and Pastoral Tutor.
2. Create and implement innovative teaching, learning and assessment. Effective learning support material, methods and applications.
3. Undertake induction and set smart targets for attendance and punctuality ensuring student attendance, retention and progress on courses. Taking responsibility for the achievement and success data of the course.
4. Actively contribute to the school community, identifying opportunities for employment and skills focused study for learners.
5. Deliver teaching and assessment activities within own area of specialism including lectures, setting/marking coursework, practical’s, and field work to undergraduates and postgraduates
6. Select appropriate assessment instruments and criteria, assess the work and progress of students by reference to the criteria and provide constructive feedback to students
7. Seek ways of improving performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback
8. Arrange, Coordinate and Supervise practical work, events and assessment projects and advise students on techniques
9. Engage in and help develop and plan appropriate scholarly activity in the field of Live Sound and undertake scholarly activity to further benefit personal and departmental and course opportunities.
10. Be responsible for the record keeping associated with teaching and the preparation of teaching materials.
11. Undertake as required the necessary administrative duties, for example the examinations process, and all other aspects of Quality Assurance including assessment of student work, undertaking progress reviews and maintaining student records, Internal Verification and Monitoring Reviews and Assessment Boards.
12. Liaise with parents / carers and work experience providers as required including attending parents’ meetings.
13. Participate in the student recruitment and admissions process, open evenings, and competitions with an interest to develop wider collaborative dept./college opportunities
14. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course Develop and maintain and co-ordinate effective industrial links
15. Organise and participate in relevant industrial visits and with screenings, exhibitions and end of year shows
16. Attend, contribute to and co-ordinate where necessary relevant college events, including guidance, enrolment, open events, Parents’ Evenings and Awards Evening as appropriate
17. Participate, as a team member, in the development of teaching methods and strategies towards an ethos of continuing improvement
18. Carry out Quality Assurance and Self Assessment procedures in line with the College’s Quality Policy
19. Contribute to the Faculty Development Plans Participate in the College’s Lesson Observation Scheme
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.