Job Reference: OS101
Carpentry and Joiner Tutor
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- £20 - £23 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Tutor in the lovely city of Sheffield, known for the many green spaces it has to offer.
We are offering a generous pay of £20.00- £23.00 per hour.
The hours required are:-
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7.30 hours a day.
Purpose of the Job:
To deliver vocational training in line with contractual, awarding body and Ofsted requirements and standards, taking joint responsibility for the performance of the vocational area in relation to recruitment, retention, achievement of learners and quality of delivery.
• Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum area of Carpentry and Joinery and particularly the NOCN Cskills Level 1 Carpentry and Joinery study programme.
• To support learners in their learning including undertaking initial, formative and summative assessment, developing personalised materials or strategies where appropriate and advising on progression into learning, employment or training.
• Support the Curriculum Coordinator in the design and delivery of programmes to meet contractual, funding body and Awarding Body requirements
• Support the Curriculum Coordinator in ensuring that all quality and contract compliance requirements of Awarding, Funding and Ofsted Inspection bodies are met.
• Report to the Curriculum Coordinator on performance of programmes in respect of relevant profiles and targets, taking joint responsibility for the performance of the vocational area in relation to recruitment, retention and achievement of learners. Preparing relevant reports and statistics as required.
• Work with Curriculum Coordinator to ensure that relevant, timely and correct Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) available to all learners. Assist the Manager in the marketing and promotion of all programmes
• Carry out all necessary administration of the programmes as required by Lifelong Learning Skills and Communities, all funding bodies, Awarding Bodies and Ofsted, ensuring that all requirements are fully met.
• Work within and adhere to the Quality Procedures of Lifelong Learning and Skills and Communities.
• Conduct assessment and internal verification of learners as required by Awarding Bodies, ensuring that all evidence is available for external moderation and meets external body requirements.
• Undertake regular reviews with Learners, as dictated by relevant procedures, reviewing progress against learning objectives.
• Work with the Curriculum Coordinator to ensure that facilities and resources are adequate, properly maintained and operated
• To assist the Curriculum Coordinator with audits and inspections carried out by internal and external bodies.
• Undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which do not change the character and purpose of the post, as may be determined after negotiations between manager, the post holder and appropriate Trade Union.
As discussed before we are happy to accept applications from individuals with a minimum of PTLLS
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.