Job Reference: 55651
Carshalton – Maintenance Officer – South Thames Colleges Group
- Surrey, Surrey
- £16 - £18 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Maintenance Officer in Carshalton South Thames Colleges Group in Surrey
Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of a wide range of users of the college
A proven background in repairs and maintenance role with the ability to work unsupervised if required.
Experience of supervising contractors.
Understanding of fire safety and experience in fire alarm tests / drills and record keeping.
Ability to identify maintenance and repair needs.
Desirable: C&G or NVQ qualification in a relevant trade i.e.-plumbing, carpentry or electrical
IOSH managing safely certificate.
Good problem solving skills.
A full UK driving license would be desirable
Good I.T. Skills for emails and using CAFM Richmond helpdesk system.
Ability to carry out general duties such as plumbing, carpentry and decorating.
- 1. Carrying out reactive and planned maintenance on non-plant equipment such as windows, doors, sinks, showers, toilets, vents and diffusers.
- 2. To undertake basic plumbing, carpentry, ironmongery and decorative repairs as required.
- 3. To manage and complete the maintenance tasks logged on college helpdesk system.
- 4. To maintain key inventories and stock and repair / change locks as necessary.
- 5. To undertake room, inventory and general area condition checks and inspections as required.
- 6. To maintain appropriate records of faults reported and work undertaken according to the Prescribed systems of work.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.