Job Reference: 58987
Carshalton / Merton – Careers Adviser – South Thames Colleges Group
- Carshalton, Greater London
- £14.38 - £16.77 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Careers Adviser at South Thames Colleges Group in Carshalton / Merton
– Provide impartial careers information, advice and guidance to all students, internal and external, 14- 19 and adults, on an individual or group basis.
– Lead on the maintenance and ensure the Gatsby Benchmarks are embedded throughout the
– Lead on Careers Hub initiative.
– Lead on the implementation of Kudos to our students through individual and group work.
– Prepare and present group works tailored to tutor group.
– Maintain records and undertake qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the College’s careers education and guidance services.
– Maintain and update all careers information and resources within the College. This includes careers and job boards, ensuring the Support Centre is equipped with paper-based resources and virtual resources are updated on our student facing VLE.
– Liaise with Additional Learning Support and Student Support to provide Careers Advice to high needs and SEND cohorts and looked after children as required.
– Support the work of the Admissions team in guiding and supporting applicants or referrals with impartial advice and guidance.
– Liaise with staff across the College with any issue relating to Careers advice and guidance.
– Lead on the College’s UCAS on-line electronic UCAS application process for the College and advise on personal statements for student UCAS forms.
– Advise staff on Higher Education, Student Finance and UCAS.
– Liaise with external agencies to support the students.
– Attend College Open events and enrolment as required.
– Be a proactive ambassador for the wider student support and enrichment teams, promoting the services through a variety of mediums such as team meetings, service films, jobs bulletin, websites, presentations, workshops, newsletter, e-bulletins etc.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.