Children’s Centre Assistant
- Location: Haringey, Greater London
- Salary: £15.48 - £15.48 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is looking for an empathetic and dedicated Children’s Centre Assistant to join our team in Haringey.
As a Children’s Centre Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting in the smooth running of nursery routine, meeting children’s physical and social emotional needs and providing stimulating interactions and experiences for children and support their development.
Rate of Pay: £15.48 per hour
We offer competitive rates of pay and ongoing training and development opportunities.
Shift Pattern: 25 hours per week (the hours you work are flexible)
- Assist in the general care, activities and comforting of children
- Assist setting out materials and equipment for children’s activities and tidying up afterwards
- Accompany Teachers/Nursery Officers taking groups of children on visits and outings
- Change and rinse out soiled clothes and assist children in toileting
- Vacuum carpets, clean floor, work surfaces and toys; polish window shelves, furniture and woodwork, empty waste paper into sacks and deal in accordance with the safe working practices
- Spot mop, clean spillage and wash floors as necessary, depending on use to which they have been put and nature of the surfaces
- Clean toilets, including lavatory pans, hand basins, fixtures and fittings using clean fluids, and disinfectants as appropriate in accordance with safe working practice; to clean potties after use by the children; to replace toilet rolls as and when required
- Clean and scour sinks and keep other basic domestic equipment and machinery in a clean and workable condition, reporting any defects or faults to the Head of Centre
- Ensure that sufficient cleaning materials are available by checking how much is left and informing Head of Centre when the amount is low, and when cleaning is finished, to put away materials and equipment, ensuring that equipment is clean
- Level 2 or 3 in Early Years
- Experience within a similar role
- Proof of ability to work and live in the UK
- Current DBS check and references covering the past 5 years
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.
Working for Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is now one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary health and social care professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2300+ reviews, and with 20 major awards behind us, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates in a role you can be proud of.
If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website, where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.