Data Protection Officer
- Location: South Hackney, England
- Salary: £22.02 - £22.02 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Data Protection Officer to work in Hackney. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £22.02 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
Act as Hackney Education’s (HEd) main point of contact and service expert in relation to Complaints, Freedom of Information Act, Mayor/Members/MP enquiries, Data Protection Act / General Data Protection Regulations, Subject Access Requests and information sharing – providing advice and guidance to senior management, service managers and, where appropriate, schools regarding aspects of the law and management of issues in relation to these areas.
- Provide advice, guidance & training to Hackney Education officers, senior managers and (as appropriate) schools regarding public sector information law obligations (including Freedom of Information, Data Protection Act / new General Data Protection Regulations, Subject Access Requests, information sharing, data incidents, etc), to ensure Hackney Education is meeting all statutory requirements and to support provision of information informing robust and timely responses
Log receipt for all Hackney Education requests for information under Data Protection Act (DPA) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (using LBH database, currently Onecase). Allocate, monitor and chase information for responses; determine / direct when and why information should not be disclosed (in line with legislation), ensure information provided meets request requirements, prepare and assure response quality (in terms of content, formatting / presentation, style); seek appropriate sign off; issue response within set deadline; and record response outcome and issue date.
Manage complaint investigations in line with LBH’s complaint’s process, drafting & issuing written responses to complainants that are approved by Senior Leadership Team leads.
Log receipt of formal complaints and Mayor, Member & Member of Parliament enquiries on LBH monitoring database (currently Onecase); monitor and chase production of responses; assure response quality (in terms of content, findings & recommendations, style / tone, formatting / presentation, style); seek appropriate sign off; and record response outcome and issue date.
Undertake ad hoc research and produce briefing notes for senior management as directed.
Raise purchase orders and make payments in line with LBH policy & procedure and deal with SPaG related general finance queries.
Support Hackney Education’s Senior Leadership Team and other Hackney Education and Corporate (Children & Education Directorate) strategic meetings as appropriate and required.
Provide full clerking service to the Board of Trustees of the Kench Hill Charity – attending meetings, taking minutes and assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring compliance with relevant charity law and regulations
- Qualifications: GCSE (including Maths & English) and A-Levels.
- Experience: Working in a legal context regarding information sharing and information law obligations in the public sector and of providing advice in this context.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. References covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.