Early Years Nursery Education Worker
- Location: London Wall, England
- Salary: £21.6 - £28.59 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Qualified Early Years Nursery Education Worker to work in Islington. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £21.60 (PAYE) or £28.59 (umbrella).
Under the overall direction and management of the Executive head, Head of nursery and Early Years Teacher, implement high quality early years practice and provision to support all children to reach their full potential, particularly in the prime areas of learning and development across all centre services.
- To take joint responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children in your care and those you come into contact with.
To undertake child protection training at a level commensurate with role.
Through hands-on practice under the direction of the lead practitioner and senior workers, contribute to the development and maintenance of developmentally appropriate, child-centred, play-based provision for young children which provides the nurturing environment needed to promote children’s emotional stability, independence, autonomy and creativity.
Contribute and assist in fostering positive relationships and close working links with the range of professionals in the children’s centre in order to promote access to wider integrated services for all families and children and support a multi-disciplinary team around the child and family approach. This may include completing and using common assessment frameworks (CAF) and participating in Team around the Child (TAC) meetings where appropriate, with the support of senior practitioners.
Develop and maintain a partnership with parents that values their contributions and involves them in their child’s education, including support for the home learning environment and for ensuring smooth transitions and continuity for the child and parents into, within and out of the setting.
Develop and maintain appropriate positive behaviour strategies with children.
Attend and participate in relevant CPD, share the knowledge and ideas gained with colleagues in the setting.
Uphold the principles of good practice in inclusion and equal opportunities in all aspects of the role, supporting early identification and intervention strategies at all times.
Contribute to the development of relevant policies and procedures.
- Qualifications: Minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare/early years practice with suitable practice placements (e.g. NNEB Certificate, NVQ Level 3 – Childcare/Early Years Care, BTEC Nationals in Childhood Studies or equivalent ).
- Experience: Demonstrate the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and provide a safe learning environment and recognise when a child is in danger or at risk of abuse.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.