Early Years Practitioner
- Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £14.06 - £14.06 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Temporary Early Years Practitioner Level 3 to work in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire . This position is initially for a period of a couple of months and is paying £14.06 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The Council are looking for someone who can work 40 hours per week during term time – working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- Contribute to the effective care of the children, meeting all needs, including the facility of both indoor and outdoor play experiences.
- Develop productive working relationships with parents/carers, resulting in the appropriate sharing of information with regards to the needs of the children.
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, encouraging positive self-image in children and their family regardless of cultural heritage, race, religious beliefs, disability, or gender.
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety requirements in the setting adhering to legislative and organisational guidance.
- Contribute to the effective financial management of the setting through maintaining reputation, utilising resources effectively and promoting the setting with parents/community.
- Be alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers of concerns in line with safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness and a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility.
- Understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations. in practices.
- Prepare and supervise dedicated areas/rooms, in the absence of the Senior Early Years Practitioner, within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, managing ratio of children, provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities and ensuring health and care needs are met.
- Support and mentor Students and Apprentices undertaking training or work experience in an appropriate and positive manner during their practical placements or providing guidance and direction to less experienced colleagues.
- Complete ongoing and continuous training and professional development and effectively carry out any additional specialist roles as identified in line with Spring’s Career Pathway, for example SENCO, PANCO, Forest School Lead
- Effectively support children’s health and medical needs and administer medication specific to each child, as required, in line with the medication procedure.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 or 3
Experience: working in a similar role with children 0 to 5 years
Compliance: Current DBS check.
Hours: 40 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.