Early Years Teacher
- Location: London Wall, England
- Salary: £26.14 - £26.14 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Early Years Teacher to work in Islington. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £26.14 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The role of the early years teacher is to implement the Early Years Teacher standards and work alongside colleagues under the direction of senior management, to guide and advise on practice, ensuring the best possible progress for all children. Senior management is responsible for strategic direction.
Contribute to the line management arrangements of practitioners including one-to-one supervision and appraisal of not more than 10 staff members (although open to negotiation); and day-to-day coordination of staff in a dedicated area of the centre.
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of and uphold safeguarding procedures and strategies ensuring that all children in your care or who you come into contact with are safeguarded and appropriately supervised at all times
To undertake regular Safeguarding training at a level commensurate with role.
Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge all children and instil a love of learning.
Through hands-on practice under the direction of senior managers, lead the development of high quality child centred, play-based provision which is developmentally appropriate and provides a nurturing environment to promote children’s emotional stability, independence, autonomy and creativity.
Through hands-on practice, lead and be accountable for high quality practice and provision for babies and children which supports them to reach their full potential, particularly in the prime areas of learning and development.
Identify children in need of additional support to meet age-related outcomes and support the implementation of a range of intervention and support strategies.
As part of SMT to deputise for the Head of Nursery in his/her absence when the Executive Head of Nursery is also absent
- Qualifications: Early Years Teacher (EYT) status or signed up for or already on a recognised pathway to EYT (i.e. Early Years degree) including GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) or above in English and Maths.
- Experience: Substantial successful experience of working within an Early Years setting in a diverse community, including with children from birth to three.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.