Job Reference: 60560
Education Advisor for Secondary Aged Children in Care
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £20 - £24 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Education Advisor for Secondary Aged Children in Care based in Peterborough. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £20.11 (PAYE) or £24.00 (umbrella) per hour. The role involves working from Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm).
To have responsibility for ensuring secondary school aged, care experienced children have a high quality, aspirational education which meets their holistic needs in a safe environment and relationally driven culture.
- Offering appropriate support and professional challenge to education settings promoting a safe environment, relational practice and an aspirational education;
- L eading and reviewing education meetings, ensuring agreed actions are completed and impactful.
- Ensuring that every child has an educational placement which reflects their particular needs, including Alternative Provision
- Working collaboratively with PVS team to quality-assure completed ePEPs and approve Pupil Premium Plus (PP+) funding requests ensuring children have access to a high quality, aspirational education which meets the child’s holistic needs
- M onitoring the academic progress and attendance of children in care, liaising with colleagues in other services to ensure that early intervention maximises attendance and avoids suspensions and permanent exclusions.
- Recording all work undertaken with children in care on ePEP, maintaining accurate client records. Working with partners to ensure effective sharing of information within established protocols and support all concerned to meet statutory requirements in respect of completion of ePEPs within timescale.
- Offering appropriate support and professional challenge to Designated Teachers and other education colleagues where children are experiencing distress and dysregulation which is impacting on their ability to engage with education and maintain positive relationships.
- E nsuring, when a child changes education setting, educational information is exchanged in a timely fashion and there is continuity of support.
- University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.