Job Reference: 56949
Education Development and Building Projects Lead
- Uxbridge, Greater London
- £600 - £600 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Education Development and Building Projects Lead to work in Uxbridge, London. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £600.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Detailed project management of all the individual education building projects and other developments in schools – being education client to the council property team and commissioner with Trusts and DfE project directors, managers, and their contractors.
- Act as Education Client and Project Manager for building developments delivered by the council property team, working with schools and Trusts; act as LA lead link for projects delivered directly by Trusts.
LA lead link to DfE directly managed free schools, PSBP and SRP projects – involves substantial strategic and project detail as the single point of contact into the LA to co-ordinate and drive LA processes – e.g. Pre-Application Planning Advice, Legal Services re: leases, Finance review of funding proposals, signatures to sign-off key docs, liaison with school Head Teachers & Governing Bodies.
Ensure all planned education, whether delivered by the council, Trusts, schools or the DfE are all progressing on time and to cost.
Coordinate updates and options based on experience into the processes to support the delivery of the capital projects essential to the delivery of the councils Safety Vale agreement with the DfE 2021-2025.
Manage project meetings and ensure notes are recorded in the overall education capital programmes log and systems.
Work with colleagues to find solutions for delays, blockages.
Identify and manage risks.
Work with colleagues in the Place Planning team to understand the data and the aims of each project.
Arrange and respond to meetings on site or online to discuss projects with schools, Trusts, DfE, contractors, other council officers, and report back as required.
Prepare ‘easy to read’, risk-based briefings for Senior Managers and Cabinet Members setting out updates on project progress, the findings of place planning analysis and recommendations, next steps etc.
Help prepare data or reports on progress, impact, spend and new places created.
- Qualifications: Degree or building or project management qualification or equivalent through education construction project management experience.
- Experience: Experience of leading LA school place capital functions, ideally in London. Experience working with many different academy trusts and foundation schools as well as a minority of community schools. Experience of contributing to free school bids, adaptations of schools and creation of places for pupils with special needs.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. References covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.