Education, Health & Care (EHC) Plan Writer
- Location: Nottinghamshire, England
- Salary: £250 - £300 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottinghamshire County Council to recruit 2 Education, Health & Care (EHC) Plan Writers within their Children with Disabilities and Assessment Service.
Initial 3 month contract with the potential of extending.
EHC Plan Writers will be responsible for writing and amending Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans within statutory timescales, based upon information submitted to them by professionals.
We are looking for a highly motivated worker with enthusiasm to improve services for disabled children, young people, who is computer literate, shows attention to detail and is able to manage their own workload whilst ensuring timescales are met.
This is a crucial role within the Integrated Children’s Disability Service, Assessment Team, who produce Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans of Special Educational Needs and update them as required to ensure that EHC Plans reflect any changes to the child, young person’s (CYP) needs or journey.
– Work closely with Assessment Officers on the development and production of EHC plans, including attending multi-agency meetings, where appropriate.
– Collate all relevant information from families, professionals and support services in relation to individual CYP to populate their EHC Plan.
– Interpret and adhere to the principles and statutory processes described in the SEN Code of Practice and ensure that the statutory timescales are achieved.
– Contribute to the development of best practice and procedures relating to Education, Health and Care Plan writing.
– Analyse and critically determining what can be written in an EHC Plan, with a focus on CYP’s aspirations and how these are translate into outcomes.
– Aspire to co-produce EHC plans with CYP & Families wherever possible.
- 11. Relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
12. Evidence of continuous professional development.
Experience: 13. Knowledge and understanding of the main issues affecting the service area.
14. A good working knowledge of Safeguarding policies and procedures.
15. Understanding of person-centred plan writing.
16. Knowledge of the principles and practice of:
-Excellent customer service
-Appropriate risk management
17. Expertise in analysing and conveying complex information in a clear manner.
18. Knowledge of SEN law and the revised code of practice.
19.Experience or knowledge of technical information storage and management system
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.