Job Reference: 58887
Education Mental Health Practitioner – Reading Borough Council
- Reading, Berkshire
- £32 - £32 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Education Mental Health Practitioner in Reading
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading’s children, young people and families. We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children’s services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
In line with the Government’s priority to increase access and availability of mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people, the Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) / Children’s Wellbeing Practitioner (CWP) role delivers evidence-based early interventions for children and young people in schools with mild to moderate mental health needs.
The role is part of a multidisciplinary Mental Health Support Team that services a cluster of secondary and primary schools in Reading.
The post holder will be supervised and supported by experienced mental health practitioners, and will work closely with professionals supporting children and young people in care. The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- To work closely alongside a team of mental health professionals delivering a wide range of evidence informed interventions.
- To further develop and practice evidence-based skills to work directly with children, young people and families.
- To work directly in schools.
- To further develop and practice evidence-based skills to carry out holistic and child-centred mental health assessments, including risk assessments.
- To provide low intensity and brief interventions for common mental health problems and to support children and young people’s wellbeing.
- To promote good emotional and mental health as everyone’s business.
- To access and engage in professional and case supervision on a regular basis.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.