Education Officer for Children in Care
- Location: Peterborough, England
- Salary: £14 - £17 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Education Officer for Children in Care based in Peterborough. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.00 (PAYE) or £17.00 (umbrella) per hour.
To work in partnership with education providers, social care staff and carers to raise the achievement of children and young people in the care of the Local Authority.
To contribute to the Peterborough City Council’s effective delivery of its statutory and associated obligations in relation to children and young people in care.
- Support the entitlement of Peterborough children in care to access education, in line with current statutory guidance and Virtual School systems and processes, offering advice to social care partners, carers and schools and settings, particularly those who have had limited recent experience of children in care.
- Maintain an understanding of published research, the work of other virtual schools and current government direction with regard to the education of children in care.
- Manage a caseload of pupils, ensuring Personal Education Plans are compliant and of quality.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training to key partners including schools, Post 16 settings and social care
- Actively participate in team meetings, training days and other Virtual School activities as directed in order to support the development of the Virtual School.
- Key Skill Level 3: 2 ‘A’ levels (4 AS Levels), ONC, OND, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Experience: Leading improvement in achievement -evidence of a track record of improving children’s education outcomes
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.