Education Welfare Assistant
- Location: Wembley, England
- Salary: £14.64 - £18.23 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Education Welfare Assistant to work in Brent. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying from £14.64 – £18.23 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options are available). Candidates are required to work full time (36 hours per week).
To assist the Education Welfare Officer (EWO) for Children Missing Education (CME) in all aspects of recording, tracking and locating the whereabouts of CME. To assist the EWO for CME in all aspects of placing children in schools.
To assist the EWO for finance in all operational aspects of issuing Education Penalty Notices (EPNS).
To support systems and data collection for the EWS and to ensure that data capture and monitoring are aligned with the work of the central team in Partnership Planning and Performance.
- To evaluate own work, participate in regular supervision and performance management and attend all required supervision sessions, staff meetings and service meetings as part of professional development.
- To contribute to wider developments within the EWS work in accordance with relevant EWS policies and procedures and maintain high standards of professional behaviour at all times.
- To support the Education Welfare Service in the use of the service’s data and information systems, helping to maintain data quality and integrity and contribute to performance reporting.
- To maintain a high level of record keeping on the Tribal database and reporting systems and ensure these are available to the Team Leader.
- To set up and organize meetings and events for the service, arranging venues, attendance lists and refreshments as required; and to service all relevant meetings ; preparing agendas, researching specific items, taking minutes, collating and circulating relevant documentation, and following up on action items as necessary.
- To be knowledgeable about Brent’s safeguarding procedures and make appropriate referrals to social care.
- Consult regularly with the EWO for CME so that information is shared and priorities identified.
- Scrutinise a range of database in order to locate CME.
- Communicate with other Local Authorities, professionals and schools in order to locate CME.
- Communicate with other departments in Brent Council and the Health Authority to share information.
- Update CME records on Tribal Pupil Support Services and ensure accuracy.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Strong background within education, social care or health services.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.