EHC Assessment Officer
- Location: Maidstone, England
- Salary: £300 - £300 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Maya Maddison
Seven Education is looking for an Education Health Care Officer to work in the Kent area, to manage the Statutory Assessment (SA) process, and produce Education, Health, and Care (EHC) plans within statutory timescales. This role will be paying £300 per day.
Please note, the deadline for submissions is Monday 12th June at 5pm. To apply for this role you must be based in the UK, and have UK experience in a similar role.
- To work collaboratively and co-cooperatively with children, young people and their parents or carers during the Statutory Assessment (SA) process from assessment through to decision to issue, or decline to issue, an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) plan. The post holder must ensure that families are involved with the process and kept informed, and that the child or young person is central to any decision made about them.
- To conduct the SA process from initiation to issue of final plan within the statutory timescales. The post holder will need to write the EHC plan using the information gathered as part of the assessment and work collaboratively with wider professional agencies to ensure the outcomes specified in the EHC plan are identified and delivered. To support Placement Officers to ensure appropriate placements are named.
- To robustly maintain Local Authority databases (including Synergy) on a ‘live’ basis, ensuring all records are kept up-to-date and accurate, ensuring that any errors are corrected to ensure a high level of data quality.
- To contribute to the decision-making process for the direction of each of their given cases, based on evidence given; this will include putting forward a recommendation to decision making panels as to whether cases should or should not be assessed for and/or issued with an EHC Plan. The post holder will be accountable for the content and quality of a draft and final EHC plan, where a panel decides an EHC Plan is not to be issued alternative support is to be identified.
- Initiate, organise and represent KCC at meetings in relation to the SA process, with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- To maintain positive and effective relationships with education settings, health and social care and ensuring that the service works effectively in partnership with all key stakeholders, professionals, and other appropriate services linked to the child and family’s needs.
- To know and be able to explain to others, specifically the families/carers of children and young people and schools, how to navigate the Local Offer website and locate relevant information.
- To handover EHC Plans to the relevant Casework team following the decision being made to issue. This means the EHC Assessment Officer will need to conduct a comprehensive handover to ensure that families, children, and young people have a seamless experience as they move through the service.
- To be able to travel across the county, when required, in a timely, flexible and efficient manner.
- Qualifications: NVQ level 3 qualification within a relevant field such as SEN casework, Information Advice and Guidance, Early Years, counselling, youth work, health or social care as examples or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Experience in SEN Casework, working with parents and schools in challenging situations, and experience of managing conflicting priorities. (this must be in the UK)
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work in the UK
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.