Job Reference: 55424
EHC Casework Officer
- Newport, Isle of Wight
- £260 - £260 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary EHC Casework Officer to work on the Isle of Wight. The position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £260.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
This role sits within the SEN Assessment and Review team. Its purpose is to manage, facilitate and co-ordinate the statutory assessment of children and young people and also to ensure that children and young people receive the appropriate services and provision to meet need and EHCP outcomes. The post holder will work in partnership with children, young people and their families as well as professional agencies in education, health and social care and the third sector.
- Act as named officer and manage a defined caseload. – Ensure statutory processes are followed according to the 2014 Children and Families Act and DfE guidelines.
- Maintain, develop and improve relationships with other agencies (e.g. Health and Social Care) and education settings.
- Maintain a Person Centred approach with all casework.
- Liaise with education settings and providers as well as health and care agencies to ensure appropriate provision is in place and monitored effectively for children and young people with an EHC Plan.
- Deal with parental expectations of service provision that may conflict with what is statutory and available.
- Provide professional advice and support to schools, Lead Officers and education, care and health providers in relation to SEND identification, assessment, planning and service provision.
- Chair and attend meetings.
- Provide high speed accurate word processing skills and input into and interpret data.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.