Job Reference: 61989
- Durham, County Durham
- £13.41 - £17.04 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Employment Coach to work in Durham. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £13.41 (PAYE) or £17.04 (paid to you via an umbrella company). This position involves working from Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The role of the Employment Coach is to work intensively with unemployed young people aged 16 – 24 yrs. old to support them into sustained employment opportunities.
Your role will be to deliver a personalised and intensive programme of support. You will develop and build strong relationships to engage young people, ensure a level of commitment to the programme and carry out a thorough assessment period. You will help develop participants work skills alongside improving their confidence, self-esteem, and resilience. You will work closely with employers to create/carve job opportunities, provide support and training to make any reasonable adjustments and deliver bespoke in work support to secure and sustain job outcomes.
It will be essential for the post holder to establish strong networks and working relationships with young people as well as their families, internal and external partners, and employers.
- To utilise creative approaches in order to engage and work closely with young people who are unemployed and require intensive support to progress
- To manage and be responsible for a caseload of young people
- To offer a personalised service to meet the long-term outcomes and aspirations of unemployed young people. This client base will include young people who have barriers to learning and more complex needs such as those identified as being in a vulnerable group. For example, young people who have been in receipt of support from Children’s Social Care, have Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND), are Looked After or Care Experienced and are appropriate for support
- To develop integrated working to ensure targeted groups of young people are identified and supported to improve their interpersonal skills and qualities and demonstrate growth in self-esteem, confidence and social communication skills, where appropriate
- To work intensively with young people utilising a number of assessment tools to prepare a vocational profile, identifying skills, experience, current needs and relevant support networks, leading to a clear action plan to progression
- To support participants with the development of work-related activities such as CV writing and skills in job searching and interview techniques
- Provide advice and referral on provision available which includes bespoke pathways to employment such as Vocational Routeways, Peer Mentoring, Work Experience, Volunteering, Employer Grants and Intermediate Labour Market Interventions (ILM – funded work placements)
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant field e.g. employment related services, information, advice and guidance or youth work etc.
Experience: 1+ year experience within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.