Job Reference: 56006
- Lambeth, Greater London
- £25.08 - £25.08 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Employment Coordinator to work in Lambeth. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £25.08 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Working as part of a newly established Opportunity Lambeth delivery team, the Employment Co-ordinator will play a crucial role in supporting Lambeth residents into employment, working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, partners, and employers, to provide access to high quality, sustainable employment and training opportunities.
This role requires a versatile and solution-focussed individual who is able to confidently engage with people at all levels, and from a range of backgrounds to develop creative solutions to unemployment.
- Support the delivery of Opportunity Lambeth employment and training initiatives through effective engagement of local people, and delivery of a personalised programme of employment support which meets the needs of Lambeth residents.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the lived experience of individuals who face particular challenges in accessing (or progressing within) the labour market, working creatively to identify solutions and overcome barriers to employment.
- Develop a strong network of internal and external partners, employers, and providers, to support the cohesive progression of residents who are unemployed or on low income into positive employment and training destinations.
- Work with a range of employers and partners to develop innovative and engaging routeways into work, with a focus on ‘good jobs’ in key growth sectors that pay a Living Wage and support future career development
- Provide comprehensive recruitment support and job brokerage services for employers, including those with S106 or Responsible Procurement commitments, to maximise the benefits of borough investment and spend for local people.
- Confidently promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the work, recognising and challenging discrimination and working to support the engagement and progression of marginalised groups of residents who are disproportionately affected by unemployment
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Advice & Guidance or Employability Services, or ability to demonstrate equivalence through significant experience in a relevant employment and skills facing role.
- Experience: Experience of managing a caseload on a one-to-one basis, engaging, assessing and action planning with candidates, recognising the importance of regular contact, reviews and effective tracking and recording of progress.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. 2 years references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.