- Location: Kingston upon Thames, England
- Salary: £33841 - £40729 per annum
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Olivia Seal
Seven Education has an exciting new opportunity to work in the beautiful city of London. We are looking for an Engineering Lecturer at Kingston College. £33,841 – £40,729 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance, immediate start!
The focus of this role is to teach FE vocational courses related to engineering, predominantly on vocational Level 2/3 programmes for apprentices within the school. You will be responsible for the conduct and progress of all students on these courses in line with College and School policies and procedures and ensuring the provision, for these students, of high quality pastoral support. Your main focus will be teaching level 2/3 apprentices in the workshop and you will need an assessor qualification.
Responsible to: The Head of the School. Day-to-day line management will be the responsibility of the Section Head / Deputy Head of School Engineering.
- Teaching theoretical and practical workshop sessions relating to Level 2/3 Engineering/Maintenance apprentices and full time Level 2/3 students studying Engineering subjects.
- Conduct the assessment and monitoring of candidates on such courses; complete all administrative work connected with the assessments.
- Keep and maintain accurate records of all forms of assessments according to the College and awarding body requirements.
- Provide prompt and constructive feedback to candidates soon after assessment.
- Make sure that assessment strategies used are inclusive (regardless of gender, age, origin etc.)
- Embrace new technologies and updating learning materials for use on new learning platforms.
- Contribute as appropriate, to the development, marketing and recruitment for both new and established courses provided by the School of Engineering.
- Act, when required, as Internal Verifier within the curriculum area.
- Organise additional support necessary for learners who are under-achieving.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.