Job Reference: 60080
- Hackney, Greater London
- £21 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Adult Learning English Tutor to work in Hackney. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying from £21.00 – £25.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To work for Adult Learning Services as a peripatetic tutor teaching to adults in a range of different environments from Children’s Centres to local community centres.
To provide outstanding quality of learning for individuals that is inclusive and ensures comprehensive assessment and progression.
- Induct learners incorporating Health and Safety procedures, Safeguarding, Complaints and Compliments policy and expectations of engagement. Identify and seek to provide additional support required so that learners can achieve their maximum potential.
- Monitor and record appropriate assessment of learning, taking into account prior attainment. Work with learners to set challenging targets that are incorporated into individual learning plans. Work with learners promoting peer and self-assessment and extend the ways in which they learn.
- Ensure that curriculum planning and delivery take into account the needs of Hackney’s diverse communities. Ensure that activity risk assessments are undertaken and health and safety and learner welfare is embedded in delivery. Ensure that Safeguarding policies and shared values are embedded into all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment. Where appropriate, such as when working with hazardous substances, ensure specific risk assessments are undertaken. Promote Learner Voice and engage the learners in all stages of the learning process.
- Support learners to make timely and informed decisions about their progression by embedding information and advice into course planning. Where suitable, make use of the IAG team at Hackney Council to support learners’ progression on to further learning, training and employment.
- Ensure all paperwork linked to the course is completed fully adhering to the ALS guidelines and submitted within given timescales. Ensure that all documents are submitted to the relevant curriculum team: enrolment forms, initial assessment records, diagnostic testing records, schemes of work, lesson plans, ILPs, registers, etc.
- Monitor learners’ attendance and retention and take appropriate follow up action.
- PGCE, Diploma in Education and Training (or equivalent).
Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 5 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.