- Location: Middlesbrough, England
- Salary: £12.7 - £15.89 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary English Tutor work in Middlesbrough. The hiring manager is looking for someone to work 4 hours on a Tuesday and Thursday from 08:30 – 12:30. The hourly rate is £12.70 (PAYE) or £15.89 (umbrella) per hour.
- To provide English tutoring to a small group of students to address individual student gaps.
- To support and guide students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- To manage students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- To liaise with Additional Support and English and maths staff to identify new learners for the small group support.
- To process new referrals and timetable them for the small group sessions.
- To record attendance and learning for each session.
- To teach effectively on a range of programmes, levels and qualification types recognising and meeting students’ individual needs.
- To research, develop and effectively implement new learning materials in a variety of media to engage students in learning.
- To assess students’ work effectively to meet awarding body standards
- To monitor and record students’ progress and take action to ensure students meet required standards and deadlines.
- To keep up to date with developments in subject specialism and share expertise with colleagues.
- To ensure that learning environments are interesting and that learning experiences include diversity awareness and meet health and safety requirements.
- To ensure that the behaviour of all students within and outside teaching areas meets the Student Code of Conduct.
- To plan for, oversee and effectively incorporate into the learning experiences of students the work of tutors, teaching assistants and support assistants allocated to the session / class.
- To complete accurately and to required deadlines a range of administrative tasks relating to students and courses, including registers and learning plans to meet funding requirements.
- To liaise with Additional Support staff to identify learners with an EHCP to be offered small group support
- Certified in Education/PGCE or equivalent.
Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and 2 x references.
Hours: 8 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.