Job Reference: 60170
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- £350 - £350 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary ESOL Consultant for Home fro Ukraine and Afghan Bridging Refugees in Oxford. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £350.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Following the arrival of Ukrainians and Afghans into Oxfordshire through the respective government schemes: Homes for Ukraine and Afghan Relocation Assistance Policy/Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme, there is a need for support with the acquisition of English language skills, which, for both migrant groups, is inadequate and hampering integration, particularly in the area of employment.
Whilst ESOL classes are offered at various colleges and through charities, there is no overview and little comprehensive guidance about the types of provision and their access points, its quality, cost or the qualifications that are offered.
- To research both Ukraine and Afghan communities and their wraparound support to understand the nature and extent of their English language engagement and learning
- To understand the adult education landscape of ESOL provision in Oxfordshire, both formal and informal provision, as it currently reaches migrant groups
- To use a variety of research and analytical skills to determine the scope and nature of the problem concerning the lack or insufficiency of provision, the quality of provision or inaccessibility of provision and also the barriers to employment
- To research ESOL provision nationally, including college courses and their levels, qualification conversions, career-specific language, evening and holiday provision, online provision and other
- To research Hong Kong BN(O) ESOL engagement to see whether Oxfordshire’s process with this diaspora could be helpful to support those on the Homes for Ukrainian scheme and Afghans in bridging hotels.
- To apply strategic analysis to the research making recommendations as to how best to improve the current offer to both Afghans in bridging hotels and Ukrainians in homes and communities throughout Oxfordshire, in order for them to significantly increase their language skills to fit them for work and for wider integration into the UK
- To attend the Homes for Ukraine Education, Employment & Skills Cell and relevant Afghan management meetings
- To plan and implement the recommendations, ensuring impact to address needs
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary to carry out the full remit of the role.
- University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
Experience: 1+ year of experience as an ESOL Tutor/Teacher.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.