Job Reference: 56140
- Slough, Berkshire
- £25.25 - £25.25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary ESOL Tutor to work with the Adult Learning Service in Slough. This position is on a ‘freelance’ basis but will involve a weekly commitment (to be discussed during interview). The role will initially be for a period of 3 months and is paying £25.25 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The ESOL Tutor will be required to design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs. We are looking for someone who is experienced teaching pre-entry / learners new to ESOL. Experience working with refugees is also desirable.
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures.
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge.
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement.
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills.
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others.
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
- Qualifications: Diploma in teaching of adults in the further education sector (DTTLS level 5 qualification) or equivalent.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Part-time and full-time roles available.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.