High Needs Tutor
- Location: Sheffield, England
- Salary: £130 - £170 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary 14-16 High Needs Tutor to work in Sheffield. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £130.00 – £170.00 per day (paid to you via an umbrella company).
We are looking for an enthusiastic 14-16 High Needs Tutor to work in close partnership with the Council’s management team, other tutors, educational support workers, mentors, therapists and parents/carers.
To teach 14 – 16 students with educational, health and care plans (EHCP). Moreover, to plan, monitor and evaluate teaching in line with national and service quality requirements. To contribute to curriculum development, leadership and quality improvement within the curriculum area.
- To teach or facilitate subjects (including English, mathematics, science and health education) to awarding body, funding body and/or contractual requirements which may include accredited and/or non- accredited provision
- To support 14 – 16 students, in their learning, progress and progression. To include undertaking initial, formative and summative assessment, developing personalised materials or strategies where appropriate
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to students
- To plan and prepare learning materials and the design and development of monitoring and assessment tools
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression
- Create individual SMART learning targets and be responsible for recording student progress
- To contribute to the administration of the programme. If appropriate, the completion and return of performance data
- To participate in Staff Development opportunities to increase good practice and meet the quality requirements of the service, funding agencies and awarding bodies
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which do not change the character and purpose of the post, as may be determined after negotiation
- To undertake all duties in line with the policies of the City Council and be a representative of the City Council.
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.