- Location: Hackney, England
- Salary: £14.42 - £18.34 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of Holiday Playworkers to work in Hackney.
The workers are needed from Monday 24th July to Friday 18th August 2023.
The working hours are Monday – Friday from 08:30 – 17:45.
The hourly rate is £14.42 (PAYE) or £18.34 (umbrella).
- To assist in the day to day running of the holiday playscheme.
- To provide a safe, stimulating play environment for children which provides for their recreational, social, emotional and physical needs through the provision of a high quality service which meets any quality targets and/or legal requirements, including Ofsted and the Playscheme Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure that the holiday playscheme promotes at all times to the public a positive image of helpfulness and responsiveness.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of the playscheme promoting and ensuring a wide range of play opportunities reflecting the play curriculum and play types, and needs and circumstances of children and taking into account cultural diversity and accessibility for children with disabilities and special needs.
- To observe, supervise and work with groups of children to initiate activities in response to their needs and wishes, both indoors and outdoors.
- To establish positive relationships with children which enable them to play together cooperatively and increase their self confidence.
- To work with children in a non directive manner and uphold the Play work Principles.
- To be aware at all times of the health and safety issues (premises, equipment safety and storage, activities, fire drills, children, staff etc.) at the holiday playscheme. To take any action required to ensure the safety of children and to report any problems immediately to the Senior or Deputy Playworker.
- To contribute positively towards a harmonious working relationship within staff team.
- To ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- To help to ensure that the holiday playscheme runs effectively
- Qualifications: Recognised play qualification – minimum NVQ Level 2 Play work or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience of provision of safe and stimulating play work with children aged 4 to 11 years in a multicultural urban environment.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 5 years.
- Hours: 41.25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.