Job Reference: 56583
International Admissions Assistant
- Preston, Lancashire
- £10.63 - £13.25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary International Admissions Assistant to work in Preston. This position is initially for a period of 4 weeks and is paying £10.63 – £13.25 (PAYE and umbrella payment options available).
The postholder will provide administrative and clerical support across a range of functions within the International Admissions Team. The postholder will provide appropriate and timely advice, guidance and support to applicants and/or their intermediaries on all aspects of the admissions process and will provide support in the processing of all international applications.
The postholder will be expected to work as part of a team to provide a comprehensive, customer focused service to applicants, their supporters and staff of the University.
- To receive and process international student applications received by UCLan.
- To carry out the input and retrieval of applications data using Banner, the University’s Student Record system.
- Under supervision and where agreed criteria has been established, the postholder will support the assessment process to determine the suitability of applicants for a programme of study and determine their potential to succeed and make the decision on whether an offer to the applicant is merited.
- Communicate with prospective applicants and current students, in person, by letter, by email and by telephone.
- Follow agreed criteria and procedures to assess the suitability of applicants as required, to determine suitability.
- Support a team culture rooted in customer service.
- Provide appropriate information to applicants and/or their intermediaries to enable applicants to make an informed decision about their course choice.
- Make an active contribution and support the improvement of the student experience through your liaison and communication with applicants and students.
- To liaise with Schools, Academic Registry, UCLan Campuses and UCAS as required.
- Contribute to the support activities underpinning the recruitment activities of the International Recruitment Team.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: At least 1 year experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. References covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36.25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.