Key Worker – Children Missing Education
- Location: Uxbridge, England
- Salary: £20 - £24 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Key Worker to work with the Children Missing Education Service in the London Borough of Hillingdon. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £20.00 – £24.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The Key Worker (CME) will be the lead officer for Children Missing Education and support the work of the Participation Team to ensure it carries out its responsibilities to the highest possible standards and in accordance with legislation and Hillingdon’s CME policies and procedures.
- Represent the Children Missing Education Team in attending meetings as required in relation to children missing education.
Ensure effective joint working with other agencies such as Children Social Care.
Take responsibility for service delivery in relation to children missing education.
To support schools and other council officers in the identification and tracking of children missing education in line with Hillingdon’s CME policy. To provide advice and guidance for schools and colleagues on children missing education and escalate referrals to the Multi Agency safeguarding Hub as appropriate. Attendance at children at CIN/CP meetings.
Lead on the coordination of Children Missing Education and School Attendance Order work.
To undertake appropriate tracking of children and liaison with schools, other boroughs and agencies. To advise schools on appropriate removal from school roll and ensure appropriate recording of cases. Attendance at children missing education network meetings and weekly CME meetings, providing a statistical update.
To undertake home visits.
Co-ordinate the contribution of the CME team to the TPS days.
To undertake regular reviews of the London Borough of Hillingdon’s policies and practice in relation to children missing education and update policies and practice to reflect changing regulations and good practice.
Consult with and keep the Team Leaders of the Participation Team and inform of workloads and those cases posing difficulty which may require intervention at a more senior level.
Undertake additional responsibilities or altered duties consistent with the purpose and grade of the post as may reasonably be required from time to time by the Team Leaders/Head of Service.
To contribute to the process of School Attendance Orders.
To obtain and collate information for Magistrates or Family Proceedings Court.
To support and challenge school and academy practices with regards to pupils being removed from roll.
To act as Keyworker (CME) duty officer as required.
To ensure that monitoring and statistical information regarding the work is up to date and available.
To work within established Council and departmental policies and procedures and relevant legislation relating to children and young people.
- Qualifications: A recognised qualification in a related profession e.g.: Education, youth work, child and family development).
- Experience: Experience of paid work directly with families and children and young people experiencing social stress to achieve satisfactory outcomes. Experience of working with schools, Academies, Further Education and Higher Education providers, training providers and employers in support of young people’s participation.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.