Job Reference: 58398
Kingston – Access to HE – Midwifery and Nursing – South Thames Colleges Group
- Surrey, Surrey
- £25 - £35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Lecturer in Midwifery and Nursing at South Thames Colleges Group in Kingston
Lecturers form the essential teaching level in the structure of each Section. As such they are expected to facilitate the effective and efficient administration of the courses and subjects under their guidance.
- The post carries significant organisational and administrative responsibilities.
The Lecturer for Access will have a nursing/midwifery specialism and:
Take responsibility for the group tutorship of one of the courses within the School.
Teach on a variety of Access courses including, but not limited to, Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedic Science.
Contribute to the development and implementation of quality improvements as directed by Head of Section and/or Head of School.
- The above course responsibilities may change on a rolling cycle in discussion with the Head of Section to keep staff fresh and up-to-date with curriculum changes.
General Duties of the Post
All staff in the School are expected to:
· Teach on one or more of the courses provided or serviced by the School and contribute to the development of existing and new provision and the implementation of flexible and cost effective teaching and learning styles.
· Complete the administrative work connected with their teaching efficiently and effectively, including regular completion of registers, central data recording systems and various forms of student progress records.
· Develop and implement student assessment strategies in accordance with College policies and the requirements of awarding bodies.
· Adopt a consistent approach in dealing with student discipline in accordance with School policy.
· Adopt procedures and practices to create a safe working environment and enforce any safety standards in the area of work, ensuring all students comply.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.