Job Reference: 57794
Kingston – Wellbeing Advisor
- Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
- £21 - £23 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Wellbeing Advisor in Kingston.
As a pivotal part of the frontline team, you will provide high quality, confidential, time-bound intensive Pastoral support for students experiencing significant difficulties in line with service referral thresholds and/or professional guidelines. You will work in close liaison with students, staff and external organisations to safeguard students and support them in achieving their full potential by offering holistic support including enrichment tailored to their needs.
- To provide a high quality professional and confidential holistic Wellbeing service to students ‘at risk’ in line with service thresholds in order to promote emotional health and resilience
- Triage, assess and action referrals through a central team inbox accordingly in line with pastoral caseload thresholds and safeguarding procedure . Refer to external support agencies around issues such as; benefits, homelessness, childcare, sexual health and substance misuse etc.
- Provide accurate information and support at the Centre drop-in to students around the College bursary applications and signpost / refer as appropriate in liaison with the central payments team
- Lead on student risk assessment and safety plans, through multi-agency strategies , referrals and 1-1 intervention for a fixed period, identifying / responding to needs and compiling external agency documentation as appropriate to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the cohort
- Be a Safeguarding Officer for the College, assess risk and take appropriate timely action, consulting with the DSL where necessary to safeguard students in line with policy and procedure
- Lead on key pastoral support/wellbeing Service initiatives to target student cohorts such as the Adult Education Budget (AEB) support programme and develop service capacity through professional volunteers as required
- Disseminate sensitive information in line with the General Data Protection and Equality Act 2010 using the Groups agreed systems where appropriate
- Qualifications: Qualification in Mental health/Psychology, Social Work or relevant professional qualification at Diploma Level.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.