Job Reference: 58915
Learning Centre Assistant
- Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
- £14 - £14 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Learning Centre Assistant to work as a temporary member of staff within Kingston as apart of South Thames Colleges Group.
Based at Kingston College, the Learning Centre Assistant will work in a frontline customer service role, joining the team helping students and staff to use facilities and resources at a busy learning centre.
There are currently two staffed learning centres at Kingston College. The main Learning Centre at the Kingston Hall Road site is an exciting, newly built, modern space opening in early September 2022. A separate Learning Centre at the college’s Creative Industries Centre supports a vibrant community of students and staff there.
The role includes working at a help desk to provide support for students using on-site computers and facilities. You will also be helping students to use their college systems, applications and software and helping them to find and use a variety of resources for their coursework, including online resources, books and e-books. You will promote and encourage the use of LRC resources and services by students and staff and deliver a high level of customer service to users of the learning centre environment.
- Deliver help desk services in the centre, including support for students using college computers, their college accounts, software applications, mobile applications, virtual learning environment and Wi-Fi.
- Perform frontline customer service tasks, including using the library management system and supporting the use of self-service facilities, printers and computer bookings.
- Work as part of the LRC team to deliver the ‘Ask LRC’ service to students, for example: password resets and queries about using email and Office.com.
- Provide guidance to students and staff on using LRC resources, both print and online, including the LRC online catalogue, books and e-books.
- Handle payments for print credit top ups, sales and LRC charges.
- Work as part of the LRC team to maintain purposeful learning environments throughout the centre.
- Assist staff and students with queries in person and by telephone.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.