Job Reference: 55308
- Mordon, County Durham
- £13.55 - £13.55 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education are recruiting a Learning Coach for South Thames Colleges Group – this is to start Jan 2022 – Jul 2022. Under an agreed system of supervision, take a lead role within the college to address the needs of students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. The Learning Coach will provide support, guidance, mentoring and training to individual and groups of learners. Dependent on the individual needs the Learning Coach will have the responsibility to set and achieve realistic targets.
We are looking for those who can:
- Co-ordinate an agreed cohort of programmes to achieve apprentices’ individual learning plans and evidence portfolios.
- Design, develop and deliver an individual programme of training and assessment to ensure successful completion of the apprentice’s individual learning plan within the planned duration.
- Carry out regular teaching, assessment visits and monitoring for each apprentice. During the visit, plan, assess, set and monitor appropriate targets, identify and address areas of weakness to ensure learner achievement.
- Observe and review work produced by learners and provide constructive and informative feedback.
- Monitor progress through an effective programme of tutorial support designed to supplement formal on and off-the-job training and assessment.
- Assess apprentices’ vocational competence and theoretical knowledge in both a realistic working environment and their place of work against the national vocational qualification criteria.
- Deliver English, Maths and IT Functional Skills to apprentices.
- Maintain candidate records and assessment documentation for verification and audit purposes. Participate in the standardisation process to ensure that internal and external verification procedures are met to awarding body standards.
- Maintain effective and up-to-date tracking systems to ensure apprentice’s progress is openly monitored and any obstacles to achievement are effectively and promptly dealt with.
- Rigorous monitoring and reviewing outcomes to ensure timely, successful completion across apprenticeship provision.
- Contribute to the development of the curriculum portfolio.
- Qualifications: Level 3 Teaching Qualification/PTLLS and Assessor award D32/33, A1 or IQA.
- Experience: Experience in subject specialism.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK and Enhance DBS check.
- Hours: Monday to Friday
- Pay: £13.55 paid via an umbrella
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.