Learning Support Assistant
- Location: Sunderland, England
- Salary: £11.59 - £14.37 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Learning Support Assistant to work in Sunderland. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £11.59 (PAYE) or £14.37 (umbrella) per hour. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Work base is Bunnyhill Centre in Sunderland however the role is Peripatetic.
To provide person centred support to children with Hearing Impairment across the city
Supporting teaching staff in the planning, delivery and evaluation of lessons
Under the direction of a Teacher of the Deaf to enable access to the curriculum for children with hearing Impairment
To liaise closely with key staff within a school in order to ensure all relevant reasonable adjustments are provided for children with Hearing Impairment to enable their access to the curriculum
To communicate closely with parents and carers regarding the child/children’s progress in school and contribute to any reviews as required.
- Work in partnership with the teacher in the planning of lessons including the adaptations, materials and support hearing impaired pupils will need to be included and make progress.
- Providing support as agreed with the teacher (and Teacher of the Deaf). This may include pre-tutoring support to ensure pupils have the necessary knowledge and familiarity with the vocabulary and concepts used in the lesson. It may also involve post-tutoring to check understanding, and reinforce key learning points.
- Obtaining and using the agreed learning resources, adapting resources and teaching materials as necessary so that the pupil is able to access the key ideas of a lesson and achieve the objectives set for him or her.
- Using praise, assistance and encouragement to motivate the pupil(s) and to help them stay on task.
- Supporting the pupil(s) understanding of any follow up tasks set by the teacher.
- Taking lesson notes, if required, to support deaf pupils’ understanding of what is being said and the pupils’ own record of lessons as hearing impaired pupils may experience difficulty in lip reading what the teacher says and take notes at the same time.
Experience: Candidates must be experienced Learning Support Assistants with knowledge and experience in working with children who have significant Hearing Impairment.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.