Job Reference: 55294
Learning Support Assistant ( High Needs )
- Knowsley, Merseyside
- £13.05 - £13.05 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Learning Support Assistant (High Needs) to work in Knowsley. This position is full-time and is initially for a period of 3 months. The role is paying £12.82 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To work with and support individuals and groups of high needs learners under the supervision and direction of Senior Tutors and Tutors with main responsibility around 1-2-1 support. This will include contribution to curriculum development and lesson plans as well as assisting in the preparation, delivery and assessment of learning.
- Under the supervision and direction of Tutors and Senior Tutors, work with and support learners with complex learning needs.
- To assist with supporting new learners during the initial assessment process as directed by the tutors.
- To establish productive working relationships with learners, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To assist in the physical production of classroom resources such as symbols, timelines and schedules, ensuring they are ready for each session.
- To provide support to learners as supervised and directed by tutors and in response to individual needs identified in learner EHCPs and BSPs. To support learners to engage in activities, within the classroom and the community. This will include physical activities, sport and swimming.
- To promote self-esteem and independence and to recognise and reward achievement.
- To support learners to manage behaviours, closely following guidance from tutors and BSPs.
- To support tutors in delivery of learning activities/programmes, within the classroom and the community, appropriate to the individual outcomes and needs of individual learners.
- To ensure tutors are informed of learner achievement/progress and record accurately on a daily basis.
- To communicate effectively within the team.
- To liaise where appropriate (or as guided by the tutor or senior tutors), with parents, carers, staff, external agencies and other providers to promote achievement and progress of learners and ensure continuity of support and safeguarding.
- To participate as required in meetings with professional colleagues and parents in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- To contribute, where appropriate and as required, towards the EHCP review process.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.