Job Reference: 59251
- Wandsworth, Greater London
- £25.51 - £35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Media Lecturer to work as a temporary member of staff within Wandsworth as a part of South Thames College Group.
Working 3 days a week
– Teach, as appropriate, subjects within the range of courses and levels offered within the School.
– Produce module study guides and/or schemes of work, monitor their delivery, supervise assessment, provide internal verification and liaise with external verifiers/moderators as required.
– Ensure programmes of work are conceived and delivered in ways which meet the needs of individual learners (for example through their Personal Development Plan or Individual Learning Plans and resource-based learning).
– Recruit, teach, support and progress all students in line with College policies and procedures, ensuring the provision, for these students, of high quality pastoral provision.
– Produce module/unit study guides, course handbooks and/or schemes of work, monitor their delivery and supervise assessments.
– Contribute to the development of existing and new provision.
– Be responsible for the awarding body requirements, including internal and external verification/moderation.
– Work closely with the Programme Lead(s) and Head of Section; contributing a co-operative and mutually supportive approach to the management of the School.
– Be responsible for the efficient management of teaching and learning resources in the applicable curriculum area.
– Maintain student records and monitor student progress by effectively utilising ProMonitor and other College systems, following applicable College procedures.
– Complete the administrative work connected with their teaching efficiently and effectively, including completion of registers, VLE resources, ProMonitor comments, reports and records.
– Contribute to learner assessment practices within the curriculum area to ensure these are carried out in accordance with College policies and the requirements of awarding bodies.
– Ensure that strategies to maintain a safe working environment are observed, adopting procedures and practices to create safe working conditions and ensuring the compliance of all students within the remit of the role.
– Represent the School and College on matters related to the work of the curriculum area by attendance at Open Evenings, Guidance Interviews, Careers Conventions, Employer/Parents’ Evenings, etc.
– Work flexibly, which may include evening and weekend work.
– Ensure provision is of consistently high quality and meets college and awarding body quality and verification requirements, contributing to reviews of performance against relevant criteria.
– Attend Section and School Meetings and represent the School or College on committees, sub-committees and working parties, as required.
– Undertake any other duties as may be required by the Senior Management Team, or their representatives, in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the College.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.