Job Reference: 58928
Mental health and Wellbeing Counsellor
- Wandsworth, Greater London
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / part time
Seven Education is looking for an Mental health and Wellbeing Counsellor to work as a temporary member of staff within Wandsworth as a part of South Thames College Group.
Be part of the Student Support Service to provide effective interventions and support to predominately adult students who have been identified/referred for support around emerging or complex mental health needs. Access to clinical supervision, included.
- Providing 1:1 Counselling and mental health mentoring to adult students
- Act as a nominated person within Student Support Services Team for referrals for wellbeing advice and referrals regarding students
- Contributing to maintaining wellbeing resources
- Delivering workshops where required to promote wellbeing
- Promoting the service offer groups/individuals
- Keeping accurate records in line with GDPR and BACP guidelines for best practice
- Manage safeguarding concerns as they arise by liaising with eth College safeguarding tea
- Produce risk safety plans and undertake risk assessments where required
- Contributing to and maintaining wellbeing resources.
- Facilitating workshops/activities to promote mental health during themed weeks eg, Mental Health Awareness Week / World Mental Health Day
- Keeping accurate client records in line with GDPR and BACP guidelines for best practice.
- Applicants will need to have completed a Level 4 Counselling Course at minimum
- Have at least 1-year post qualification counselling experience and demonstrate ability to work with a wide range of client presentations
- Show proof of registered member to BACP
- Undertaken a minimum of 450 counselling hours post qualification
- Experience of working with a diverse cohort
- Previous experience of working in an educational setting desirable
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.