Job Reference: 56932
Merton – Learning Coaches – South Thames Colleges Group
- Merton, Greater London
- £13.69 - £13.69 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Learning Coaches in Merton
This is across all three sites – Mainstream, Inclusive and Foundation learning
We are seeking Learning Support Coaches to support and mentor learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning
Difficulty or medical condition; and or with ESOL, English and Maths support needs to enable them to successfully complete their qualifications, course and where appropriate, education, health and care plan (EHCP) outcomes
A) Providing each learner with the support needed to carry out their learning effectively.
B) Implementing and delivering support as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
C) Implementing agreed individual programmes of support for learners to enable them to achieve qualification aims, develop independence, enhance progression opportunities and progress towards EHCP outcomes.
D)Safeguard learners and promote their well-being in all aspects of their learning.
Main Purpose and Responsibilities:
– To provide outstanding support to all learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or ESOL, English and Maths support needs, to access their planned learning opportunities.
– To act as a learning mentor to support learners’ academic success, health and wellbeing and preparation for adulthood as appropriate.
– To undertake examination support activities.
– To work with learners considered to be ‘at risk’ including those with communication and Social interaction difficulties to develop resilience, confidence and independence.
– To work in partnership with academic staff and be proactive in keeping tutors informed of
learners’ progress by keeping high quality support records to audit standards and deadlines using recording systems such as Pro monitor.
– To contribute to the development and review of learners’ individual agreed support plans and Risk assessments and ensure they are followed in all aspects of college life.
– To support learners to develop confidence and independence in their educational, social and work related learning through the use of teaching and learning strategies as directed by Lead coordinators, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
– To support learners to record and report on their own progress in relation to their targets and EHCP outcomes, as well as completing records to evidence progress as required.
To write and review short-term smart targets and contribute to frequent reviews of learner’s progress
With regard to their education, social development and independence including at annual EHCP reviews.
– Where required physically support learners for example, pushing wheelchairs, using evacuation chairs and other specialist equipment following training.
– To, following training, support learners with all aspects of their personal and intimate care.
– To, following training, support learners in the storage and administration of medication as required.
This includes recording and reporting on the process.
– To set-up and maintain learner’s assistive technology and support them to use it as required.
TO BE SUITABLE YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT DBS ON THE UPDATE SERVICE
Prize Placements is acting as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.