Job Reference: 62205
Mulberry Academy Shoreditch – Deputy DOL and SENCo – Tower Hamlets Education Partnership
- Tower Hamlets, Greater London
- £180 - £260 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Deputy DOL and SENCo in Tower Hamlets
To deputise for the DOL in their absence; to provide operational and strategic leadership for the Academy library.
Strategic and Operational Direction and Development
1. To assist in identifying and adopting the most effective teaching approaches for SEN students.
2. To assist monitoring teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of the SEN students.
3. To assist the DOL in devising, implementing and evaluating systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing SEN students in relation to the Academy’s policy.
4. To assist collecting and interpreting specialist assessment data gathered on students and use it to inform practice.
5. Ensure Inclusion objectives are reflected in the Academy Development Plan that effective systems are in place to identify and meet the needs that they are coordinated, monitored, evaluated and reviewed.
Curriculum, Provision and Development
1. To support the development of a topic based curriculum for small group and/or intervention based delivery.
2. To support the development of specialist provision that is flexible in meeting the needs of varied learners
3. To assist the DOL in identifying and adopting the most effective curriculum approaches for SEN students
Teaching, Learning and Monitoring
1. To foster effective practice for SEN learners by leading and supporting the teaching and learning of all students, particularly those with additional needs.
2. To assist the DOL in providing training opportunities and disseminating good practices in relation to the teaching of SEN students.
3. To assist the DOL in monitoring the progress made in setting objectives and targets for SEN students/assist in the evaluation of and effectiveness of teaching and learning and use the analysis to guide further improvement.
4. To assist the DOL in monitoring the effectiveness of appropriate teaching and learning activities and target setting to meet the needs of SEN students.
5. Work with students, subject leaders and class teachers to ensure that realistic expectations of behaviour and achievement are set for SEN students.
6. Support the development of improvements in literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology skills, as well as access to wider community.
7. Promote the characteristics of effective teaching and learning styles for SEN students and those with low literacy levels.
1. To assist the DOL in deployment and development of staff involved in working with SEN students to ensure the most efficient use of teaching and other expertise.
2. Support staff in understanding the learning needs of SEN students and the importance of raising their achievement
3. Support staff in understanding how to promote literacy and raise literacy levels of students at the Academy.
4. Provide support and training to trainee and newly qualified teachers in relation to SEN students across the Academy.
5. Ensure the establishment of opportunities for all staff to review the needs, progress and targets of SEN students, and those with reading ages below chronological age.
1. Assist in leading and managing the Learning Support department, comprising the Learning Support Teaching Assistants, and any other personnel deployed within the Academy.
Communication and Promotion
1. Support staff by ensuring that staff have the necessary information.
2. Develop effective liaison with external agencies in order to provide maximum support for relevant students.
3. Lead and develop effective liaison between schools to ensure there is good continuity in terms of support and progression in learning when relevant students transfer.
4. Liaise with agencies responsible for student’s welfare.
5. Develop and maintain effective partnerships between parents and staff providing information about targets, achievement and progress.
Management of Resources
1. Identify resources needed to meet the needs of SEN students.
2. Organise and co-ordinate the deployment of learning resources, including information and communication technology.
3. Maintain existing resources and explore opportunities to develop or incorporate new resources from a wide range of sources inside and outside school.
4. Use accommodation to create an effective and stimulating environment for teaching and learning.
5. Ensure that there is a safe learning environment.
6. Undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a main scale teacher or an unqualified teacher in training.
– To attend Academy Team Briefings, Department meetings, Line Management meetings and other relevant internal and external meetings and forums as appropriate.
– To undertake appropriate development and training and keep abreast of relevant HR legislation and policies and procedures.
– Ensure all duties and responsibilities are discharged in accordance with the Academy’s policies and procedures.
– To comply with the Academy’s Equality, Safeguarding, Confidentiality Security and other policies, assisting with their development and promotion within the Academy, reporting all concerns to the department head.
The post holder will be required to demonstrate a continual positive commitment to the Academy’s policies including those relating to safeguarding children, health and safety and equal opportunities.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.