Job Reference: 55730
- South Shields, Tyne and Wear
- £11.83 - £11.83 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Nursery Assistant to work in South Shields. This position is on an ongoing basis and is paying £11.83 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The post will work in a partnership area, supporting children in an early years nursery setting. The post will be allocated to specific setting but will be expected to work across the partnership and on occasion, across the Borough. The post holder may be required to move settings permanently as dictated by service need.
You will be expected to cover the nursery between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, working shifts as appropriate.
- Ensuring high quality standards and provision in the day care setting.
- Providing care, guidance and support to the children in the setting.
- Under direction of staff, undertaking activities with individual or groups of children.
- Carrying out observations of children in the setting, keeping accurate records on the child’s file.
- Developing positive relationships with children, their parents and carers. Promoting the acceptance and inclusion of children with additional needs.
- Supporting in the preparation of food and supporting the children in meal times.
- Providing key worker support to children, in particular those with early help support.
- Ensuring that all safeguarding procedures are followed and identify any concerns immediately to the Nursery Manager.
- Keeping daily records of activities undertaken by the children, ensuring files are of a high quality.
- Supporting the centre in achieving an outstanding rating.
- Complying with all the provision policy and procedures.
- Administering first aid and record accidents as necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 2 years.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.