Job Reference: OS123
Nursery Education Officer
- London, Greater London
- £15.64 - £19.97 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education has an opportunity available as a Nursery Education Officer in Hackney, London.
This contract runs from 09/01/2023 – 31/01/2023.
The hours are 9:00-17:00 (36 hours).
- To devise and implement planned programmes of activities in line with the Early Years Curriculums to ensure each child has the opportunity to develop to their full potential within a day-care environment. This will include working in partnership with parents and carers, working with staff, team members and liaising with other agencies as required.
- To be responsible for a group of children.
- To prepare and present accurate written records for assessment reviews and case conferences as required.
- To implement health and safety and hygiene regulations.
- To plan and provide a range of educational and developmental opportunities for children aged 0 to 5 years, ensuring that each child’s needs are met.
- Work with the nursery’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator to ensure that children with special educational needs are fully included in all aspects of the nursery curriculum.
- To take Key-Worker responsibility for a group of children, including planning assessment and record keeping. Write children’s reviews and ensure they are prepared within the required timescale.
- To foster and develop good relationships with parents and carers and to ensure that planning for their children is in partnership with them.
- To promote and maintain a culturally sensitive environment. To ensure educational and developmental opportunities for children reflect their racial and cultural backgrounds.
- To actively participate and be responsible for the organisation and implementation of a planned programme of activities which are in line with current legislation (DFES Foundation Stage for Learning and Birth to Three).
- To assist in the Early Years Child Protection Procedures for identifying and monitoring children in need of protection. To assist in the preparation of observational reports for case conferences.
- To ensure and maintain high professional standards of hygiene. To adhere to health and safety requirements as it relates to the Full Day Care, Guidance to the National Standards.
- Participate in staff meeting, personal and group supervision, staff training and development days and external training as appropriate.
- To participate in the development of parents’ committee.
- To be responsible, as directed, for student training, supervision and development.
- To carry out all responsibilities of the post holder with regard to our Equality Statement.
- Ensure that all services within the postholder’s responsibility are provided in accordance with The Learning Trust’s policies and commitment to quality services.
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to our policy, organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
- It is your responsibility to carry out your duties in line with our policy on Equality and Diversity and be sensitive and caring to the needs of others, promoting a positive approach to a harmonious working environment.
- You must promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young and vulnerable people that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants, and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2022, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.