Job Reference: 55307
- Carshalton, Greater London
- £23 - £23 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education are recruiting a Pastoral tutor for South Thames Colleges Group – this is to start Jan 2022 – Jul 2022. The person appointed will join a progressive and dynamic team of people working within the faculty. The person will deliver all aspects of the curriculum on a range of full-time and part-time programmes
We are looking for those who can:
- As a Pastoral Tutor you will act as a coach to provide students with individualised support and challenge which will stretch their potential to the full.
- Being able to motivate and energise young people, you will agree motivational targets and produce student progress reviews.
- You will also be responsible for managing and monitoring all concerns regarding a student’s attendance, academic progress and personal wellbeing.
- You will have a key role in supporting students with their ‘next steps’ preparations for higher education, apprenticeships or employment. In addition, as a part of the personal tutor team, you will deliver age appropriate PSHCE, including liaison with external networks and partners.
- You will actively promote student engagement in extracurricular activities, support the delivery of CEIAG and ensure College systems for monitoring and managing student engagement are robustly upheld.
- Working within the existing Pastoral Tutor team and with the support and guidance of the Pastoral Leader, you will provide support, guidance and encouragement to students under your care.
- You will be required to attend parent/consultation events and take an active role in student admission, integration and progression into Post 16 across the College.
- Qualifications: Teaching Qualification and Level 3+ in curriculum/vocational area.
- Experience: Experience in subject specialism.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK and Enhance DBS check.
- Hours: 4 days a week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Pay: £23 paid via an umbrella
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.