Job Reference: 56212
Personal Advisor – LC, TYS (13+) – Bexley Council
- Bexley, Greater London
- £12.28 - £12.28 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Personal Advisor in Bexley.
Main purpose of the job:
- To assist young people leaving care following their 18 th birthday, to make a successful transition to independent adulthood by ensuring the Pathway Planning process is used.
- To act as the young persons principle source of contact in matters related to their Pathway Plan
- To take responsibility for the maintenance and reviewing of Pathway Plans
- To agree with young people and the local authority revisions to Pathway Plans, including expenditure
- To monitor progress through direct contact with the young person and the agencies and individuals delivering services.
To reduce the number of care leavers who are not in education, employment or training. (NEET), by identifying their EET interest , supporting them in accessing appropriate courses , monitoring their attendance and promoting care leavers accessing work experience, traineeships and apprenticeships within the council
- To ensure services are coordinated and young people are making us of them.
- To keep informed about a young persons progress and well-being
- To keep written records
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convene and participate in the preparation and reviewing of Pathway Plans
- Lipase with statutory and voluntary agencies and individuals who are involved in the provision of services.
- Identify shortfalls in service provision and advocate on behalf of clients
- Keep in touch at least four times a year.
- Provide advice and support, including negotiation on behalf of clients.
- Provide independence and life skills training to individuals.
- Hold a controlled caseload of clients 18+, who have complex needs.
- To participate in the delivery of the Team’s drop in service.
- Monitor the provision of Pathway Plans to all clients and report shortfalls to team manager.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Pathway Plans to all clients and report shortfalls to team manager.
- Keep written records of all casework and Pathway Planning activities.
- Update client contact information held in the team.
- Maintain a register and forward planning system for Pathway Plans.
- Provide management information on Pathway Plans as required.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.