Job Reference: 59104
- Bristol, Bristol
- £13.25 - £13.25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Personal Assistant to work in Keynsham, Somerset. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £13.25 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are 9am-5pm from Monday – Friday.
This role is to support a dynamic member of staff who is registered blind with her daily activities and administrative tasks associated with her role.
The Practitioner has worked for the authority for six years and is a highly valued member of the SEND team.
They need a PA who has a good sense of humour is flexible, empathetic, and responsive.
The role is a brilliant opportunity to work alongside an experienced SEND Practitioner and gain a unique insight into the lived experience of life with a visual impairment.
The Practitioner highly values her independence and outside work enjoys kayaking, hiking, high adrenaline theme park rides.
When less active the Practitioner is an avid listener of audio books and is a member of a book circle and a painter. They love socialising including going to the pub and live music.
- The role includes supporting the Practitioner to work with special schools across Bath & North East Somerset. It should be noted that the SEND practitioner has a guide dog and anyone applying for this job needs to be able to work in an environment with the dog.
- This role will require the post holder to be a driver and have access to a car in which they are happy to transport the SEND Practitioner and her Guide Dog.
- The post holder will be required to work alongside the SEND Practitioner acting as her PA, supporting her with tasks as directed.
- It will require an empathetic and proactive approach.
- The post holder will need to support the SEND Practitioner in unfamiliar environments and daily tasks e.g., navigating the building, making drinks, posting mail, collecting printing.
- The post holder will need to be receptive to sight guidance as directed.
- Qualifications: Educated to GCSE level ( including English Language/ maths or equivalent).
- Experience: 1+ year of experience working as a Personal Assistant elsewhere.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.