Job Reference: OS678
- London, Greater London
- £12.04 - £22.63 per hour
- Temporary / part time
Seven Education has an opportunity available as a Play Worker in London with the City of Westminster Council.
This contract is 16/01/2023 – 10/04/2023 with the hours being 09:00 – 17:00 (8 hours)
Job description and Duties
- Talk to children about their concerns or worries.
- To be able to work either early morning, day, evening and weekends as needed.
- To assist with transporting the child to and from the centre acting as a PA on the Mini bus or part of a walking Bus Work with Parents/carers, staff and other Agencies
- To act as a key worker to a child/family when necessary.
- To ensure the health and safety of those in their care
- To work with other professionals (OT, physio, SALT and Social Workers) supporting programs designed to enhance the child or young person’s development and wellbeing.
- To contribute to the planning and delivery of a broad programme of play opportunities including sports, games, arts, crafts, activities on site and in the community.
- Experience of working with children and families whose children have multiple disabilities in a professional capacity.
- Experience of working in a play/ leisure setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of children/young people from different cultures, ethic and religious backgrounds and those with disabilities.
- Ability to handle financial transactions in accordance with the Financial Regulations
- Patience and understanding of the needs of the children/young people with multiple disabilities
- A command of written and spoken English which is appropriate for the effective performance of the role
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants, and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2022, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity, and attention to detail.