Job Reference: 57641
Primary School Teachers in Tower Hamlets
- Tower Hamlets, Greater London
- £110 - £150 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for Primary School Teachers in Tower Hamlets
A supply teacher must set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils e.g. set goals that stretch and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions and promote good progress and outcomes by children being aware of pupils’ capabilities and their prior knowledge, and plan teaching to build on these.
- They must demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge demonstrating an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English, whatever their specialist subject.
- They must plan and teach well structured lessons promoting a love of learning and children’s intellectual curiosity.
- They must also adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils having a secure understanding of how a range of factors can inhibit pupils’ ability to learn, and how best to overcome these.
- They must make accurate and productive use of assessment knowing and understanding how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas, including statutory assessment requirements.
- They must manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment, maintaining good relationships with pupils, exercising appropriate authority, and acting decisively when necessary.
- They must also fulfil wider professional responsibilities such as making a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school and developing effective professional relationships with colleagues.
- They must also communicate effectively with parents with regard to pupils’ achievements and well-being.
A supply teacher must also uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school by:
- Treating pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory provisions
- Showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
- Not undermining fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit pupils’ vulnerability or might lead them to break the law.
- Supply teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
- They must also have an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out their professional duties and responsibilities.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.