Job Reference: 58161
Primary – Visual Impairment Specialist Support Assistant
- Bradford, Northumberland
- £12 - £13 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Support Assistant at Grove House Primary School in Bradford
The role is to work one to one with a child who has additional needs to his vision impairment. This will involve toileting and personal cares during the school day along with manual handling in additional to supporting them to access their education
- To undertake and implement work/care/support programmes with individuals/groups to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. This may be under the direction of a QTVI, OT, SLT, Physiotherapist or Habilitation Officer or senior SSAs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To facilitate access to the curriculum and whole school environment for children/young people with vision impairment, and to provide support to the specialist VI curriculum.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress and concerns.
- Supervise and provide specialist support for pupils with vision impairment, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the school.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual programmes of work, as detailed in the EHCP, and to include braille / tactile/ habilitation programmes.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher, and encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Accurately record and provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems and other relevant issues.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.