Job Reference: 55493
Raising Participation Manager
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- £20.16 - £20.16 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Raising Participation Manager to work in Newcastle. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £20.16 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
To develop programmes of sport and physical activity that will increase participation and tackle health inequalities.
To organise and deliver these programmes in City Council facilities and in partnership with other stakeholders.
To engage with communities and ensure the programme is community led.
- To lead on the development and implementation of initiatives that increase exercise levels. This includes managing a diverse team of staff with a broad range of skills.
- To ensure that these initiatives are focussed on areas of the greatest health inequality – either geographical or communities of interest
- To work with the voluntary and community sector to advise, plan and assist in the delivery of programmes which increase activity.
- To develop programmes across the city with communities who have low levels of participation or who have health issues.
- To monitor participation rates and programme impact and contribute to service planning to address any trends.
- To identify potential funding sources and develop bids for resources for initiatives including managing budgets and reporting upon the outcomes of the work.
- To develop, and manage the delivery of events which raise activity levels and profile for the city.
- To identify areas of poor performance and assist in the development of service improvement plans.
- To liaise with schools, Sport England and Sports Governing bodies and local other sports providers in support of projects they may initiate.
- To promote and implement the Council’s equal opportunities policies in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
- To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Qualifications: Coaching qualifications.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. 2 references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.