School Adminisions Caseworker
- Location: Lincoln, England
- Salary: £15.34 - £15.34 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary School Admissions Caseworker to work in Lincoln.
Initially for a period of 4 months contract
£15.34 per hour
working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 12.30pm.
17.5 hours per week.
Mainly be working from home but may include working in the office as and when required.
To provide, on a day to day basis, a high quality service in the management of all school admissions throughout the County, both for the normal year of entry and midyear.
To provide a high quality independent school admission appeals service both where the Council is the admission authority for the school under appeal and where own admission authority schools commission this.
To contribute to the work needed for the Council to meet its statutory responsibilities as an admission authority, a coordinating Local Authority and with regard to the publication of the annual composite prospectus.
Contribute to the delivery of services for area of responsibility. Assist, as
– Providing an integrated approach to performance management, quality
standards and service delivery
– Embedding new ways of thinking and working
– Developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships with
colleagues within and external to the Council
To provide day to day advice and guidance within the team and to service users
and colleagues in other teams.
Continuously look for synergies and efficiency savings across area of
- To assist in the processing of all parental preferences for school places.
- To liaise with other departments of the County Council, external agencies and other organisations to whom work is out-sourced.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of national admissions legislation and local policies and procedures.
- To give appropriate guidance to other LA staff, schools and parents.
- To provide relevant information to support the team’s work on independent school admission appeals.
- To assist in the provision of appropriate statistical information.
- To advise parents about the midyear, secondary transfer and primary school admission processes and to do the necessary individual casework.
- To liaise with Headteachers and administrative staff in school on matters pertaining to admissions including explaining how the statutory Codes apply to individual cases.
- To contribute to the production of information and guidance for parents, including ‘Going to School in Lincolnshire’;
xi. To be competent with all the IT systems used in the school admission process
xii. To liaise with other Local Authorities as part of the admissions process
xiii. To contribute to the annual process of consulting on, determining and publishing admission arrangements including advising schools on how to update their arrangements to comply with new legislation or take account of changes to working practices
xiv. To prepare all papers and information as necessary for independent school admission appeals, both where the Council is the admission authority and where an own admission authority school under appeal has commissioned the service
xv. To support the annual training events offered to school admissions staff
xvi. – Providing day to day advice as appropriate to deliver the agreed priorities, working collaboratively with commissioning teams.
– Coach/mentor teams/colleagues as appropriate to embed new ways of thinking and working
– Maximising the impact of resources and value for money to achieve improved outcomes for the Council
– Contribute to effective performance management to deliver
outcomes in line with service delivery contracts
– Provide expert advice and guidance as appropriate for own area of expertise.
– Deliver a personal portfolio of projects and/or specific work
– Demonstration of the Council’s Core Abilities (at the relevant level) o Personal Leadership
o Being Future Focused
o Political and Commercial Astuteness
o Supporting a High Performing and Flexible Workforce
o Drive for Results
- Qualifications: Relevant Qualification
- Experience: 3 years’ experience of work in a local authority or school or equivalent setting.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 17.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.