Job Reference: TH8970
School Appeals Clerk-Administrator Level 3
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £11.7 - £11.7 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education are currently seeking a School Appeals Clerk-Administrator Level 3 to work in Leeds.
• That a professional clerking service is provided at school appeal hearings based at Civic Hall, Leeds.
• The provision of professional and timely advice to school appeal panels on procedural, legal and constitutional matters and duties and powers, working within the current legislative framework.
• That excellent customer service is provided and confidentiality requirements are observed.
The range of duties are:
• Adhering to strict administrative protocols in order to meet the service’s and data protection requirements.
• Produce and distribute the agenda and papers for school appeal hearings in an efficient and timely manner to meet the stringent requirements of legislation and the service level agreement.
• Advise the school appeal panels of the appropriate government legislation and procedural matters where necessary before, during and after hearings.
• Attend and take detailed notes of school appeal hearings, which take place at Civic Hall, recording all aspects of the meeting accurately including the panel’s deliberations and subsequent decisions.
• Produce and send out decision letters to parents which accurately reflect the factors taken into consideration by the school appeal panel within tight government timescales.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of school appeal hearing results.
• Ensure that the school appeal panel complies with the appropriate regulations and admissions law during the school appeal hearing.
• Ensure that the school appeal panel is aware of statutory policies and statutory responsibilities and give appropriate advice and guidance to enable the panel to meet them.
* To work from home using IT equipment provided by the local authority, where necessary (own internet access is required).
• Attend training sessions when necessary to ensure up-to-date knowledge of the appropriate legislation.
• Ensure the Senior Appeals Officer is aware of good practice or any issues that may affect the performance of the school appeal panel.
• Deputise for other clerks at school appeal hearings as required.
• Any other duties as directed.
Knowledge and Understanding
• Knowledge of the School Admissions Code (2021) and the School Admission Appeals Code (2022).
• Knowledge of meeting procedures (notice, confidentiality etc).
• Geographical knowledge of Leeds with regards to schools.
A basic knowledge and understanding of the context of the education system
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.