Job Reference: 56722
School Business Manager
- Effingham, Surrey
- £15 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary School Business Manager to work in Effingham , Surrey. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £15.00 – £20.00 per hour (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
The support services teams are an essential pillar in enabling the children and young adults to achieve their full potential.
The Business Manager is part of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for the leadership, management supervision and development of the support services teams ensuring an efficient, safe, healthy, clean, attractive and comfortable environment is provided within budget and business aims and objectives. There is an expectation of the post holder to act with a high degree of autonomy including responsibility and accountability for managing delegated budgets and resources.
The role also involves creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development plans aimed at bringing about continual improvement in these areas.
- Ensure the smooth, efficient, effective and economical running of each of the support departments, to include Finance, Administration, HR, Facilities and Site Maintenance, ICT, Health and Safety, Housekeeping and Catering.
Ensure all support services meet the needs of the individual children and young adults by enabling the environment to be used as a means of support and social learning.
Effectively lead financial management including managing and monitoring budgets, financial performance and activities.
Provide professional leadership and management of the support teams to enhance their effectiveness and performance to achieve excellent standards.
Promote the highest standards of business ethos and compliance.
Carry out and/or facilitate audit processes to monitor service delivery standards.
- Ensure that IT systems and hardware are fit for purposes, meeting the needs of the company, employees and children and young adults, liaising with central and local IT teams as appropriate.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic and operational plans, projects and objectives.
- Take delegated responsibility as appropriate for specific times and areas such as financial and other relevant decisions and actions.
- Line manage the team leads of each of the Support Services ensuring the development and effective performance management of all members of the teams.
- Ensure clear direction for each support team function providing regular feedback through informal one to one meetings and formal appraisal or performance management processes
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 1+ year of experience within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and 2 x references.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.